Graphic design is vital in our day-to-day online activities – be it for business, social media, or running a blog. Unfortunately, not everyone can be a graphic designer. This implies that you will need the service of a graphic designer to smoothly run your online activities. But the Canva design tool has an easy solution for everyone and it’s free.
Hiring a graphic designer may not be a budget problem for big businesses. But this could be a big problem for those operating a small business or blog. This is where a graphic design tool like Canva becomes important.
Canva has both free and premium versions. The free version has tools and templates to create beautiful graphics without any knowledge of graphic design. With the free version, you don’t need a graphic designer to create beautiful designs for your small business or blog. In essence, the free version is good enough to get you started.
You can explore the tool for virtually everything from:
- basic photo editor for designing fascinating social media images
- Newsletters (to send from your autoresponder.)
Canva doesn’t require any special form of training to get a hang of how to create beautiful designs.
Who Can Use Canva?
Canva is a great tool for small business owners, blog owners, marketers, and online entrepreneurs who want a quick design. The interesting part of Canva is that it is easy to use and doesn’t require any prior knowledge of design skills. It has a drag-and-drop tool that makes the whole design hassle-free.
It’s unlike Photoshop that requires a lot of practice to get familiar with the software in creating sophisticated visuals.
Besides, Photoshop does not perform well at creating multi-page documents for digital and prints. It needs an In-Design tool to do it. This means you will have to spend extra time and money to get this type of work done.
Price For Pro Plan
Canva does it all in one place and at a minimal price for the Pro Plan is a cost of $17.99 AU monthly ($215.88) or pay yearly at $13.74 AU for $164.99 AU yearly (You save a whopping $50 AU yearly.)
Join for Free today. ===> Click Here Now <====
How to Use Canva
Canva is perfect for small business people or entrepreneurs who want to design materials to load directly onto social media. I use Canva every day to create exciting pins to put on Pinterest. It is so simple and easy.
You just type Pinterest pin into the selection, add a photo from the free photos or download your own and add text. Download the pin to your computer to save and load it directly onto Pinterest, done!
This process works the same for Facebook, Twitter, or any downloadable designs you wish to create to print out.
Interface and Usage
Before using either the free or premium version of Canva, you need to create an account with them. You may use either your Facebook or Google profile to create your account.
It starts with the display of a pop-up screen where you would be asked your purpose of using Canva.
Your account profile will be personalized with the appropriate templates based on the purpose you choose.
When you are on board, you will be prompted to use the free trial of Canva for 30 days. If you decline the free trial, your account will automatically be set on the Forever Free Plan. You will get the occasional prompt to upgrade to Premium but they are not annoying and using the free version is very simple.
In the next phase, which is the final onboarding stage, you will be prompted to add a member. You can skip this part if you want to be the sole user. Now you are ready to start creating stunning and appealing designs for your online tasks.
Just like any online service, free plans have limited storage capacity. Canva also has limited storage for the free plan.
The free plan comes with a maximum storage capacity of 1GB, but the Pro plan has unlimited storage capacity.
The following are the pricing plans of Canva:
1. The Forever Free Plan
Just as the name suggests, the plan is free and does not require any payment. You can continue to use it free for life if you so wish. The main features of this plan are:
- You can’t create more than two folders
- 8000+ free templates
- 100+ designs such as presentation, letters social media posts, etc
- Thousands of free photos and graphics
2. The Pro Plan
This plan comes in two different categories. It includes the monthly payment and the yearly payment plan. The monthly payment plan is $13.70 US per month ($164.40 US), while the yearly plan is $125.65 US for a year (saving $38.75).
The main features of the pro plan are:
- Comes with over 60,000 templates
- Easy to resize the design
- It allows you to create custom templates exclusive to you
- Easy to create your brand design using fonts, logos, color with the aid of a feature known as brand kit
- You are entitled to create unlimited folders
- Right to use more than 60 million graphics, images, and videos
- You can add more than one team member
3. The Enterprise Plan
This plan is perfect for corporations and agencies with a lot of team members. It gives you access to design workflow, multiple brand kits, and unlimited storage.
This plan has just one pricing model; subscribers are required to pay $30 monthly for a year. This implies that the subscriber will pay an upfront fee of $360 for the yearly plan. The Enterprise plan permits you to add more than one team member.
The main features of this plan include:
- Unlimited storage capacity
- It has all-pro plan features, but you get access to multiple brand kits rather than the 1 brand kit that comes with the pro plan
- Access to 24/7 enterprise-grade support
- The principal Subscribers can lock the templates to prevent other team members from editing them
- You can selectively permit some team members to get access to created designs and also make uploads on Canva
- Intuitive and simple to use
- Useful to create different designs like Facebook posts, logo, Instagram posts, invitation, videos, infographics, etc
- The free version is loaded with great features to make stunning designs
- Canva comes with thousands of pre-made templates
- It is compatible with a different browser
- You can connect Canva with your social media accounts
- It is perfect for team partnership
- It doesn’t support the creation of custom graphics from scratch
- You can only resize your design for different screens upon upgrading to the premium version
- The premade templates and images are somewhat generic
- There is an inconsistency in how it functions on the web and mobile version
- It is strenuous to use on small screens
- The collaboration doesn’t allow added members to work from the inside
Canva is an efficient tool for graphic designs. I recommend it for people who want to make simple designs without spending a penny. I also recommend it to anyone with a small designing budget and for a novice in the design world.
Though Canva has some deficiencies, it is still an efficient and reliable design tool. Canva comes in handy when you need a designing tool – be it for a Facebook post, Pinterest, or infographic design.
Canva is indeed a useful tool in the design world, and a perfect way to get started on a design if you are a small business or entrepreneur.
I hope this has helped, please leave a comment, like, and share. Thank you.