Are you unsure if Elementor Page Builder Plugin is right for your website? I’ll be reviewingElementor and highlighting all its benefits and drawbacks, as well as helping you decide whether to use it.
Here is everything you need about this amazing page builder plugin for WordPress.
We will cover the following areas:
- About Elementor
- Features and benefits
- Elementor Pricing
- Using Elementor
- Pre-made templates
- Who is Elementor most suited to?
- Review Conclusion
Elementor is a WordPress plugin that allows you to drag and drop pages. There are a few things you need to know about this:
- It allows you to create unique posts and pages, as well as replace the pre-installed templates.
- You have a completely separate interface for working on your pages and posts. The bulk of your work is not done in the block editor that comes with WordPress.
- You don’t need HTML/CSS/PHP/coding knowledge – all you need is an amazing user interface.
- It works on the front end of your website. That means it shows you the outcomes of your work right away in a genuine “what-you-see-is-what-you-get” manner.
You can explore it to create any page layout or content layout that you want, no matter your WordPress theme. It works with all WordPress themes so you can keep your existing design while still getting all the benefits of Elementor.
The main benefit of Elementor is the ability to create stunning page layouts/designs even if you are not a site builder or a professional.
This is particularly important if your budget is tight and you don’t want anyone to help with the site.
The DIY principle seems to be very popular with users. Elementor was installed on more than three million WordPress websites. This is a remarkable number and shows that the plugin has dominated the internet.
Let’s take a look at some of the most fascinating features of the Elementor Page Builder Plugin one by one.
Features and Benefits
Elementor is equipped with a few useful elements right out of the box. The main page building functionality is first. In a moment, we’ll talk about this.
There are over 90 content elements/modules available. These include images, headings, and buttons as well as progress bars, testimonials, and counters.
The drag-and-drop feature is a great way to move items around. Simply drag an element across the screen and it will be moved to a new location.
“What you see is what you get” – this means that the version of the page you see on the Elementor interface is exactly what your visitors will see (unlike working in HTML and CSS, the old-school method).
All pages are mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
A library of pre-made templates is available at your disposal to edit and import. There are currently 150+ free templates and 300+ pro templates. You can also save your templates.
You can modify the core elements of your theme, including the header, footer, and single post templates if you are using the Pro version.
There’s also a new WooCommerce Builder module. This module is similar to Theme Builder. But it allows you to modify all your default WooCommerce pages such as your single product page and product archive.
As I said earlier, the core functionality is to let you build, modify, and adjust your pages without restrictions – and then view the results in real-time.
The live preview feature allows you to see what your page will look like before it is published. This is a standard feature for native WordPress pages that are theme-dependent.
What else can you do with the plugin? Elementor lets you use a wide range of elements/modules, which you can place anywhere you like on the page. You can then rearrange those modules using the drag-and-drop feature.
Content elements can include images, headlines, and text paragraphs. You can also use any widgets that you have already on your WordPress website.
Elementor Review: Widgets
Elementor also gives you the ability to change display settings. Here you can adjust the background, padding and margin values, default colors and fonts, as well as change the default colors and fonts.
You can also revert back to an earlier version of the page if you make a mistake and don’t know what to do.
Elementor, last but not least, gives you complete control over how your page appears on mobile, tablet, and desktop.
Switch to Elementor Mobile Tablet
These toggles allow you to switch between devices and adjust details so that the page looks great.
It’s completely free.
To keep this Elementor review accurate, I’ll mention that there is a Pro version. But you don’t need it to experience, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness.
You can access the main plugin via the official WordPress plugins (or download it directly from their site). There are no hidden costs or signups/registrations needed. It works brilliantly!
Let’s talk about the Pro edition. It does contain some cool stuff that premium users will love:
- 50-plus additional content elements/modules.
- 300-plus additional page templates.
- Theme Builder (the module that allows you to change the headers or footers of your current theme).
- WooCommerce Builder is the module that allows you to rebuild your WooCommerce product pages.
- Popup Builder is a module that allows you to create pop-ups, and then have them integrated with an opt-in form.
- Visual Form Builder allows you to integrate with other marketing tools.
- Global widgets can be created and reused throughout the site.
- Any Elementor block can be customized with CSS.
- Sidebar widgets and widgets can be used to deploy Elementor elements.
Here is the current pricing for Elementor Pro.
Elementor Review: pricing
- The Essential package allows for one Pro Site and costs $49 US yearly.
- Advanced plan is meant for three Pro Sites and costs $99 US yearly.
- Expert plan allows for 25 Pro Sites and costs $199 US yearly.
- The Studio plan allows for 100 Pro Sites and costs $499 US yearly.
- Agency plan allows for 1000 Pro Sites and costs $999 US yearly.
You will receive 24/7 support and updates for as long as your subscription is active.
Let’s move on to the practical part of this review. Here are the steps to get started using Elementor. It is a WordPress plug-in, but a more advanced one. You’ll have to install and activate it first before it can work. It’s the same as any other WordPress plugin.
You can then visit the settings panel if you want, but it is not required. Go straight to your WordPress pages to create a new page. You’ll have the option to “Edit with Elementor”:
Get Started with the Elementor Plugin
Click on the main button to view the Elementor user interface. Here’s the scoop:
The main canvas! Here you can place your content blocks and make adjustments. These are the content elements available. Also, you will find the Elementor settings (colors, fonts, etc.).
This is how to return to the content elements.
- Use the global settings for the page that you are currently working on.
- The page’s revision history.
- Change device (desktop/tablet, mobile)
- Changes in preview
- Publish the page.
You must first understand Elementor’s page structure hierarchy before you can build a page. You can have as many sections on a page as you like.
Each section may have one or more columns. Each content element can also be individually styled.
Page – Sections and Columns – Content – Styling
You have two options: Either use a pre-made template or add a blank section.
Elementor Add Block
You can create new sections here by adding columns. Then, simply drag and drop specific blocks from the sidebar to populate these columns. You can also rearrange sections using drag-and-drop.
Once you’ve placed a content block, you can click it to edit the details and present it in a more professional way. There are three tabs: Style, Content, and Advanced.
You can continue working with each content block until you create the page.
Elementor is intuitive and easy to use. It’s easy to work with your pages once you understand the structure hierarchy and all the content elements. This is especially true when you get into the more advanced features.
- Experimenting with the Z-index (to bring things forward rather than to put them back)
- Customizing the on-hover state of elements (changing the appearance of the elements based on the cursor location)
As an example, you can set transitions between sections like this:
- Section dividers in Elementor
- Pre-made templates
Elementor’s design abilities are impressive. You can use one of the many templates that Elementor has available.
When I say “many”, I mean many! The free version has 150 templates, while the Pro version offers 300 more.
Elementor Kits are a collection of templates that follow the same design aesthetic as your website.
Templates for Elementor 1
You will find all kinds of pages in the library for various purposes. There are many pages to choose from, including about pages, contact pages, homepage, and landing pages. Explore pages for different niches like hotels, restaurants, and other businesses.
Templates for Elementor 2
You can import templates to your page and then modify them as you wish until you achieve the result you want.
Finally, you can save pages that you create as templates. You can reuse them on other pages or share them publicly with the community.
Who is Elementor Most Suited to?
As I write this review, I must admit that I am very impressed with the tool. Elementor is my go-to page builder plugin. It is one of the easiest page builders to use and offers the most features at no cost.
It’s the ideal DIY solution for those who want to create amazing page designs without any coding knowledge, HTML, or CSS skills.
If you are frustrated with the limitations of WordPress’ default block editor, Elementor is there for you. It can help you put your content in the right place, align columns, or add images in a certain way.
Elementor is for those who are interested in creating beautiful pages for their websites, but not necessarily being designers.
The Pros of Elementor
- Absolutely completely free. Most new websites don’t require you to upgrade to Pro.
- It offers a wide range of amazing features and is very easy to use.
- The number of features available for free is impressive. This should be on the second list.
- You can create custom page layouts or designs without any HTML, CSS, or PHP skills.
- Features such as real-time previews and inline text proofreading provide you an ideal ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ modifying interface.
- You can adjust the mobile, tablet, and desktop views one after the other.
- Customize the settings of all alignments, margins, and padding values. You have complete control over everything.
Cons of Elementor
Sometimes, custom styling links do not work as planned. Elementor may default to the default fonts and color settings. This may not be what your preference is.
It can be difficult to find the exact margin value if something is off-center on a page. You may have a primary, a column within it, and then a contents element within that. Each one has its own margin settings.
Elementor Review Conclusion
Is Elementor superior to the competition?
Even though page builders have become more popular over the years, Elementor’s main competitors are still Beaver Builder and Divi Builder. For many, the decision between Elementor, Beaver, and Divi is what they make when choosing a page builder.
It’s right! They’re all great. These tools are the best page builders. But, they aren’t the best at all things. It all comes down to personal preference, the features you are most interested in, and how those features are delivered (in terms of UI).
Elementor is still a step ahead of all the rest. It’s the price or lack thereof.
Although Elementor Pro is available, 90% of its awesomeness is yours for free. Divi and Beaver don’t offer this. Elementor is the best choice for anyone searching for a page-builder plugin.
It is a great free plugin that allows you to create pages with drag-and-drop. The only solution that anyone can use, even beginners. It doesn’t require you to purchase a premium license.
As you can see I haven’t a bad word for this amazing free plugin that will help you to design the perfect website display that you can imagine.
If you need to get yourself a WordPress website so you can start using the elementor plugin to create your personally designed business then take a look at this free hosting and training to get you started today.
I hope this has helped you in your research, please leave a comment, or a like and share as this will help me in bringing you more articles for your success.
Thanks for visiting.