Now that you have created a unique website with high-quality content you will want to start making money from affiliateadvertisements. I will be covering everything you need to know on how to get approved for Google Adsense and why you need to prepare before you apply.
It is Free to join Adsense, it’s just a matter of understanding the program and meeting their criteria.
Google Adsense is directly linked to Google Ads, so when people want to find you, they make it easy. Adsense is designed to bring business advertisers together with the website publishers, to promote their products online.
Read the Adsense Program Policies
You must adhere to all the rules associated with becoming a member of their program. Or risk losing your membership and revenue.
If you break these rules they will disable ad serving to your website and you will never be allowed to apply again. (There are ways that you can reapply but it could really hurt if you are banned.) As rules are changed from time to time it is important that you continue to update your knowledge of their rules regularly.
- Most of their rules are against fake clicks to ads from yourself or by friends and family. Adsense is looking for clean legitimate traffic to your website and their advertisements. Advertisers pay big money to place ads on your website.
- You must also adhere to Google’s Publishing Policies – These mainly pertain to content promoting anything illegal or breaching copyright. Endangered species or dangerous or derogatory content. These terms are very detailed and definitely worth a read whenever you are adding any content to your website.
What You Must Have Before Applying to Google AdSense
- Your website must be at least 6 months old
- Your content must be of very high quality and original to attract an audience
- Make your website user friendly and under 3 seconds loading on mobiles
- Content must be interesting enough for people to read, share and comment
Google AdSense doesn’t check how much traffic you are getting but if you are so new that you are not getting a lot of traffic then you won’t make much money. You need traffic!
Content is King, so consider having at least 15 – 30 articles on your blog before applying so that you can prove the quality of your content to Adsense. This includes well set out reviews with clear grammar and using excellent SEO practices.
How to Create a Google Adsense Account
- Connect your site to Adsense
- Enter your payment address details – I suggest direct transfer as the best option for payment
- Verify your phone number
- Website URL
Review Of Your Website By AdSense
Once you have connected your website to Adsense your whole website will be viewed and judged as to whether it complies with all the rules laid out by the Adsense Program. This can take anywhere from a few days to two weeks and you will be notified by email of your activation status.
Once you have been accepted then it is worth reading how to set up ads on your website by Adsense. They are there to help you make the most of this opportunity. The more you make the more they make, it’s a win/win situation.
How Do You Get Paid By AdSense?
Adsense is all about displaying ads and banners on your website, next to, or in your content. You are then paid every time someone clicks or has an impression of an advertisement!
- Google Adsense automatically chooses the best ads for your website based on your content but you can refuse any you don’t want. The Blocking control page in your AdSense account allows you to view and choose to allow them to appear on your website or not.
- You can even customize each advertisement for more appeal if you wish.
- Once approved you will have great access to a huge amount of advertisers wanting to list on your website
How It Works
You add one little piece of code that is given to you by Google Adsense and it all starts happening. Simple!
- Advertisers bid for the right to show their ads on your website, this means that only the highest-quality ads get shown and are designed to capture your content market audience.
- All ads are screened to ensure their high quality and relevance to your audience and content. They are also optimized for Smartphones and Tablets.
- You are in control – You can block ads you don’t like, customize where the ads appear on your website, and choose which type of ads suit your website best.
- You can restrict different categories – (If you don’t want dating advertisements, etc)
Can You Make a Lot of Money With AdSense?
This is one of those ‘how long is a piece of string’ questions. Obviously, people are making money from the Adsense Program or it wouldn’t still exist. Advertisers have to be getting traffic from their ads or they wouldn’t pay to advertise through Google Adsense. So the system works.
We all see these ads whenever we are surfing the net and sometimes we click on them to get more information. Will it work for you? If you follow all the guidelines and have created an authority website with unique, quality content that gets traffic, you will make money! How much will depend on you?
If you need to create a website so that you can build an online business you can start learning today for Free! Don’t take my word for it, check this out.
No matter what you decide, you need to diversify into many income streams. Joining any promotion platform has its good and bad points. Keep in mind that the internet is a changeable place, rules change regularly and you need a broad base to sustain a healthy monthly income.
At the end of the day, Google Adsense wants you to make money. Thus it is in the best interests of the advertisers who promote through Adsense to want to be connected to quality websites that will generate traffic for years.
In recent years Adsense has become tougher on what is required by website owners in placing Adsense advertisements on their websites. This is designed to create a better view of advertisers’ ads and promote a healthier promotion platform for all.
Now you know how to get approved for Google AdSense and earn from another income stream. Please comment and share
Wishing you great success.