Do you ever wonder if SEO techniques are changing positively at a very fast pace? If you do, then you’re not the only person thinking so. In how to get organic traffic in 2022, I will outline the exact steps to get organic traffic to your site.
Google is continuously getting smarter and better as time goes on. It is constantly getting better at analyzing and understanding websites.
Why Does Google Need to Get Smarter?
It has to get smarter because the better it gets at giving solutions to queries on the SERPs or leading users to ads instead of organic listing, the more revenue it generates.
This makes it difficult for those who depend on Google’s organic search traffic for sustenance. For this reason, you need to get clever at making it easy for people to find you.
12 Techniques on How to Get Organic Traffic in 2022:
- Enhance User Experience Across Your Website
- Improve for Voice search
- Plan for Mobile First
- Give Attention to Topic Clusters Rather than Keywords
- Write Lengthier Content (frequently)
- Engage in YouTube SEO
- Design a Diverse Backlink Portfolio
- Always Pay Attention to Technical SEO
- Aim at Local Searches with Local Landing Pages and Listings
- Deduce and analyze your SEO Performance
- Engage with your blog audience
- Build quality backlinks
Firstly, Test the Performance of Your Website in the Search
Before deciding to enhance the performance of your website in the search, you’ll have to test it. Use the Keyword Rank Checker that helps to check how your page ranks on Google based on keyword search. You can find this in Jaaxy, a Keyword, and ranking tool.
To get more traffic to your site, you need it to rank high on Google. This ensures that the ROI of your SEO plan is improved. This sounds cool right, but what happens when the keyword ranking you just got is not impressive at all? Do not worry about it, because the steps below will put your site on top in 2021.
1. Enhance User Experience across Your Site
The main objective of any search engine including Google is to find the best solution that addresses the users’ queries. If they don’t do this, users will not find them useful anymore and look elsewhere.
Poor quality sites don’t rank well on Google, and Google is always getting better at determining poor quality sites. If your site is not credible, or it takes too long to load, users will bounce back to the SERP and find another site that can help them. You have just missed a probable user.
The term “Bounce back” means when a user goes into a webpage and leaves without doing anything on that page.
Google doesn’t care about the time spent on the page.
Here are 5 SEO enhancement methods that can be used to boost your existing content on search engines:
A. Your Post Must Be Easy to Read
- Develop quality content: To do this, you have to format your content. Formatting your content means delivering good tips, delivering your tips perfectly, using good grammar, and avoiding spelling mistakes. Use Grammarly if this is an area you need help with.
- Make your paragraphs short: To increase the readability of your content, make sure a paragraph contains 3-4 sentences at most.
- The length of the sentences must be mixed: Computers and mobile devices find it difficult to follow sentences that are lengthy. So does the human eye.
- Make use of sub-headers: Always make sure sub-headers are included in your content so they can assist readers to get a clear view of what your content is about.
- Include bullet points: Bullet points are useful because they make a listing of ideas, points, tips, etc. easy to spot and read.
- White spaces are important: A long text can seem too much to your audience; you need to break it up by including images, videos, and graphs. This will help your audience to feel less overwhelmed.
B. Bucket Brigades can be Used to Keep the Flow
A bucket brigade is said to be an array of words that link one idea into the next to maintain the flow.
Some examples of bucket brigades are:
- Do I have your attention?
- Let us delve in a bit deeper.
C. Utilize the Inverted Pyramid Style of Writing
The pyramid style of writing simply means talking about the most valuable information first in the content before moving on to less valuable ones. So naturally, the least valuable information will be the last thing you talk about.
D. Optimize User Experience on Pages
An increase in bounce rate means that the site has poor usability and user experience. It is difficult to know what affects user experience because it differs from site to site. However, these are 5 tools that can be used to measure the level of interaction on your site:
- Crazy egg
- Google Optimize
- PageSpeed Insights
- Accelerated Mobile Page Project
- Test My Site.
2. Improve for Voice Search
About 25% of adults in the United States have smart speakers. It is good to consider adding Voice Search into your thoughts when dealing with SEO. Below are some points on how to improve your site for voice search:
- Long-Tail Keywords should be Utilized.
Long-tail keywords are important in voice search. They can be defined as terms that have three or more words.
- Structured data must be utilized.
If you use structured data on your site, this will help you increase the chances of your content being used for the users’ queries.
3. Plan for Mobile First
Google has gone mobile. There have been talks about mobile optimization and finally, in March 2020, Google officially announced that sites will be crawled by its mobile Smartphone user-agent.
With this in mind, it is advisable to focus more on the mobile experience of any site you build from now on. Optimizing the mobile version of the site has become more important than optimizing the desktop version.
Everyone loves doing searches on their phones, now is the time to keep this always in mind. It’s the future.
4. Pay Attention to Topic Clusters Instead of Keywords
Google is constantly getting smarter, and this means its algorithms are changing. Now, Google concerns itself with understanding the intention of the user. You shouldn’t expect your website to appear on top just because it is rich in keywords. Now, keywords are not the only thing Google looks at, they also check user-intent. To know the intent of your audience, here are the things to do:
- Be Familiar with Your Target Audience.
The more familiar you are with your audience, the better you know them and what they want. Information like age, location, gender, interests, etc. will help you create better content for them.
- Content Should be Organized into Clusters.
Rather than using standalone words, you can organize your keywords into different clusters. A model was created by HubSpot, and it is useful because it joins all relevant pieces together to form clusters.
- Research on Your Keywords.
Even though it seems user-intent has taken over keywords, it is still important. Keywords are like signposts for Google spiders to easily crawl. They give users a hint of what an article might talk about even before they open it.
There are a couple of tools you can use to track down your keyword data:
- Keyword Explorer by Moz
5. Write Lengthier Content Frequently
Studies have shown that long-form content contains more backlinks than short ones. Having many backlinks to your site means more traffic, and more traffic means higher ranking. Writing long-form content cannot be done by everyone because it’s stressful; it takes a longer time to finish. Moreover, not every content piece should be lengthy, some should only contain points.
Unfortunately, there is no method to determine how long a particular piece of content should be except by common sense of course. It is advisable that if you have decided to write lengthy content, you should target more than one user query. Most long-form articles are around 2000+ words, the middle length is around 1500 Words, and short just over 1000 words.
Always keep in mind that you want a concise quality post, not something filled with waffle to make a word count. Google won’t be fooled. Pay attention to your grammar, punctuation, and spelling, if you need some help with this then read all about free Grammarly here.
6. Make the Most of YouTube SEO
A lot of SEOers fail to remember YouTube when they have search engines in mind. Video marketing is not used by everyone, or by every company, but almost everyone has a camera in his/her hand. This is a good time to meddle in the affairs of video marketing. YouTube videos can send a lot of organic traffic to your website.
7. Build a Diverse Backlink Portfolio
Backlinks will still be important in 2021. Don’t spam your sites because this will only cause damage to your SEO. If your link portfolio is not well-built, it could land you in trouble. Here are some tips to ensure that your site fulfills Google’s backlink portfolio guidelines:
- During the promotion of content, use small hitters too. Big hitters shouldn’t be the only ones being used.
- Disavowing too many bad links can cause more damage to your site than good.
8. Always Pay Attention to Technical SEO
If you don’t make your site technically sound, it might not perform well. Here are a few tips to help the technicality of your site:
- Make sure your entire site works on HTTPS
- AMP for mobile should be allowed
- Make use of crawling software and take it seriously
- Adjust your semantic markups
- Redirect your URLs thereby fixing “Page not found”.
9. Aim at Local Searches with Local Landing Pages and Listings
Local searches help to target local potential customers that live around the area of your business. Here are three great techniques that captivate local customers who live nearby:
- Crosscheck your directory listing: Make sure the information to your business is updated so Google can also update its own database, and lead prospective customers right to you
- Develop and enhance your local landing page
- Perform a technical SEO for your local search.
10. Determine the SEO Performance
Analytics and reporting are two vital parts of SEO. They cannot be overlooked if you’re trying to improve your marketing strategies.
- Data Studio
- Wayback Machine
- Google Search Console
11. Engage with Your Blog Audience
An excellent way to engage your audience is through blog commenting. Visit other niche-related blogs and leave relevant and authentic comments; this is an exceptional way to build stronger relationships in your industry.
When you consistently visit other people’s blogs, you’ll attract them back to your site and they will read your posts. Aside from getting organic comments to your posts, you will also earn referral traffic to your site and this will improve your ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs).
If you have blog comments disabled on your site because you believed it’s no longer important for SEO, you’re missing out on something vital to your search ranking.
It’s true search engines no longer follow the blog comments, but Google still has its way of rewarding good site engagement. So, never stop engaging your audience through those comments. And never stop blogger outreach campaigns.
To make the most out of blog commenting, do the following:
- Visit 3-5 niche-related blogs weekly.
- Leave 3-5 relevant and attention-grabbing comments on each blog weekly.
- Write not less than 80-150 words per comment.
- Link each comment to no pages other than your homepage.
- Sound genuine in each of the comments you offer.
- Prove that you are an authority in your niche.
12. Build Quality Backlinks
Links are a crucial signal to Google when it comes to ranking well on SERPs. If you want to improve your Google PageRank score, you need a lot of external backlinks.
You can earn backlinks:
- When people visit your site from social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- When people visit your site from online forums, question and answer sites, and social bookmarking sites.
- Through the guest posts, you submit to other blogs.
- Through your blog content.
Why? This is the only way you can make Google believe you deliver quality content that satisfies the reader’s appetite.
Bill Gates (an American philanthropist, software developer, and business magnate) first made the statement, “Content is King”, in an essay in 1996. He visualized the future of internet marketing and time has clearly shown that he was correct, now and in the future.
Get a Free Website and Training on Affiliate Marketing
Get started for free today with a website created for you in under 3 minutes. No credit card is needed to try out the website and the 10 free training videos to see if an online business is for you. Read more below.
This post is a guide that talks extensively about how to drive organic traffic to your site. The tutorial contains 12 detailed steps that are focused on improving your web pages so they can rank well on Google’s search engine. It also contains a number of tools that you’ll find helpful.
Wishing you well in developing your website business.
I hope this has helped, please leave a comment or like and share. Thank you.