Are you looking for an alternative to AdSense then it is time to look deeply at Media.Net that was founded in 2010? We’ll go in-depth into what is Media.net and see if you can make money from the advertisements placed on your website.
If you speak to employees of this company then you soon hear a lot about how great the product is, what stunning technology they use and how the culture is great fun and supportive. All great signs that this is an established company that is planning to be around for a long time.
Who is Media.Net?
They are a contextual advertising network. What this means is that the ads they place on your website are based around the text in your posts, so they are not just random ads but specific to your blog and your market.
Media.Net was founded by Divyank Turakhia who is an Indian-born computer programmer, he created the company in 2010 and sold it in 2016 to Miteno a Chinese-based company. It is considered the second largest contextual advertising company in the world. It has its headquarters in New York. Powered by Bing and Yahoo and reaching about 1 million users in the US.
What Does Media.Net Do?
Media.Net is an intermediary between advertisers who want to find quality websites to place their ads on and owners/publishers who have quality websites. They pay the blog owner for each impression received from their advertisements. It assesses your website to see what niche you are writing in and place appropriate ads, e.g. if you run a computer review website, they will place computer ads on your website, etc.
How Much Can I Earn With Media.Net?
- This all comes down to how much traffic you get to your website daily.
- What particular niche you are in
- Your ad layout
- Demographics and geographical traffic location
Keep all of these points in mind as you prepare your website for placing ads.
A good example is if 1000 people see (impression) an ad on your website you would receive about $5 US. The general payout per view is around $1 and it is amazing how quickly that adds up to a nice regular monthly income.
Target your ad strategy for your visitors
Based on their specially designed proprietary ad format, contextual ads open up advertising search budgets worth billions of dollars. This format filters the user’s intent via relevant search keywords, resulting in finely targeted ads and much higher revenues as advertisers are willing to pay more for visitors who have qualified themselves.
This moves away from the hit-and-miss process that has been used in the past, where you would be seeing advertisements for clothing on a computer website. Media.Net has technology in place to place the right ads in front of people looking for that product.
Media.Net has created strong relationships with DSPs, Agency Trading Desks, Horizontal Networks, Vertical Networks, Performance Networks, AMPs, DMPs, etc. They make it easy to access high-quality display ads by connecting with all the major buyer networks.
Prioritize your user experience.
Tap into ever-increasing native budgets with Media.net’s native ads. They are completely customized to the look and feel of your pages for higher user engagement. You also have the option to drive your audience to contextually relevant articles on your site through the native unit.
What is the Big Difference Between Media.Net and AdSense
- Media.Net pays you by CPM (Cost Per Mile) these are impressions or people seeing the ads on your website. They pay you for every 1000 page views which could be 3000 impressions of the ads based on 3 ads per page, $12 for the day!
- AdSense pays you for CPC (Cost Per Click) you are only paid when someone clicks on an advertisement. You can read more about AdSense in my review here.
How Hard is It to Get Approval for Media.Net?
Some people think it is hard to get approval but you only really need to meet their criteria.
- Website Traffic – At the moment they don’t have a minimum traffic requirement but you need to be generating quality traffic from the USA, UK, and Canada.
- If your website is still pretty new and you are only getting a trickle of daily traffic then it is best to wait a while before applying. Set up an autoresponder like Aweber which can help you collect your email subscribers and improve sales. Some great ones are GetResponse and MailerLite.
- Spend time on Social Media such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc to attract more traffic on a daily basis then apply when you are getting 500 to 1000 page views per day.
- Media.Net will assess the quality and quantity of your weekly posts to your website. You need to be posting regularly. If you are just putting badly written or stolen content on your website to make money then you won’t be accepted into Media.Net
- It must an English-written website. Observing correct grammar and syntax for quality, easy-to-read content.
- When applying you must not have a competing ad network on your website. You can turn off AdSense for a few days.
- It is against their rules to show or be doing anything illegal on your website.
Payment by Media.Net
Once you have earned $100 US they will either send it by wire (direct to your account) or by PayPal depending on what you have set up with them.
Creating The Ads On Your Website
Two plugins that can help you to set up ads from Media.Net on your WordPress website are OIOPublisher and AdSanity.
- Media.Net is free to join and won’t ever pay anything to be part of their company
- They provide reports and graphs on an excellent dashboard so that you can track your progress
- Media.Net is one the highest payers in the ad revenue industry
- You can change the style of ads to suit your blog
- You can use their sticky ads to fix them where you desire or use sticky sidebar ads
- They provide you with a company representative to help you maximize your ads
- Media.Net encourages you to only put 3 ads per website page, you will get better results this way
This can become a great added income stream for your daily website traffic. If you are ready to get started then create an account and enjoy the added income.
I hope this has helped, please leave a comment or like and share. Thank you.